A Crinkle in Time is the eighth episode of the fourth season of Cyberchase. It originally aired on October 5, 2005. The title is a references to A Wrinkle in Time.
The episode opens with the CyberSquad being chased by the Grim Wreaker. Hacker traps the CyberSquad's pod within a laser net, but Digit activates a laser of his own to cut the pod free. A loose piece of the laser net makes contact with the Grim Wreaker, critically damaging the ship and forcing it to land for repairs. Hacker settles for an inferior loaned spaceship and confronts Slider in Radopolis, kidnapping him.
Motherboard informs the CyberSquad of Slider's kidnapping and claims that he is within Ticktockia, which must be entered through "a crinkle in time" before eight o'clock. Digit follows Motherboard’s directions, piloting a spaceship to Clock Rock, the gateway to TickTockia. Digit crashes the pod into a gear attached to Clock Rock, dismantling it from the clock’s wall and preventing the Earth kids from reaching the gate. They learn how to make the gears mesh again, and reaching the gate by riding the handles attached to the gears. As Clock Rock strikes eight, a giant cuckoo bird emerges from the gate and pulls them inside.
With Slider actually help captive within his spaceship, Hacker gloats from a distance. He declares the CyberSquad gone forever if they don't return by nine o'clock.
- The name of this episode is a parody of A Wrinkle in Time.
- This episode may reference of Dr. Seuss and Chris Van Allsburg books. Most famously, The Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears a Who, The Lorax and Jumanji. It is also a reference of the Wrinkle in Time and the Harry Potter books.
- The train the CyberSquad arrives at the Old Gearzers Home in, which falls down the hill after they forget to set the brake, flips around between shots.
- Slider asks Hacker if he knew where Coop is. However, Slider and the CyberSquad found Coop in "Measure for Measure", three episodes earlier in the broadcast order. This suggests that the production order for these episodes was different from the order in which they were aired.
- Slider's hoodie is drawn with longer sleeves in the scene with the above inconsistency.
- Math Topic: "A Crinkle in Time"
- For Real Segment: "Bianca Gets in Gear"
- Main article: A Crinkle in Time/Transcript