A trip to R-Fair City nearly turns into a monster mash when Hacker abducts Glowla, a beautiful cyberlady who generates pure energy. Hacker is able to snatch Glowla by reprogramming her trick whale, Spout. As a result, Spout goes on a rampage. Digit and the kids must find Glowla and stop Spout before he totally destroys R-Fair City.
- During the scene where Spout attacks the power plant, Sam Vander Rom's dialog differs between the American PBS Kids and the Canadian CBC Television/iTunes versions. The differences are as follows:
- "Spout is approaching the Aqua Power Plant, we are now in Code Yellow, repeat, we are now in code yellow."
- "Code blue, everybody code blue!"
- This is it! We're now in code red! and I'm Sam Vander Rom, signing off!"
- "Spout is approaching the Aqua Power Plant. We are now in big trouble, repeat, we are now in big trouble!"
- "Stay calm, everybody stay calm!"
- "Spout's approaching the main generator!"
- "This is it, he's going after it! And I'm Sam Vander Rom, signing off!"
- Main article: A Whale of a Tale (transcript)