Cyberspace is a virtual universe and the physical abstraction of the Internet. It seems to be connected to the "real world" in that events in Cyberspace represent processes on real-world computers, or vice-versa. It is unclear how well-known the real world is within Cyberspace, but it can be observed directly from within Cyberspace through certain methods, such as what seems to be a library security camera feed.
Cyberspace is described as a place where anyone can go and anything can happen, and is indeed habitable for Earth humans, although, in practice, few entities are shown traveling in or out of it. The human members of the CyberSquad travel between the universes frequently, and there are rare instances of entities native to Cyberspace entering the real world: Digit has been to France, and Jackie has brought a Madre Bonita flower home for her mother.
Deep Cyberspace is mostly dark green in color, with a raindrop-like texture, floating circuitry, and aurora-like ribbons of binary numbers.
The physics of Cyberspace differ from those of the real world. Gravity seems to pull in a constant direction at all times, even in the regions of Cyberspace that are comparable to outer space. Time is entangled with space such that time spent within Cyberspace can be negligible compared to time elapsed in the real world. Magic exists, but its scope seems to be limited to Cyberspace itself, and certain forms don't affect those who aren't native to Cyberspace. Cyberspace also contains substances such as magnetite and francesium.
In some ways, Cyberspace functions like a literal computer directory. Certain devices can search it for requested data. The Emergency Reset Button, when unlocked, allows whoever presses it to reformat Cyberspace in their image.
Cyberspace is comprised of at least 1,294 distinct cybersites that are analogous to planets. The relative locations and physics between cybersites seem to be inconsistent, and maps of Cyberspace differ between episodes.
Motherboard is the potentate and cyberbrain of Cyberspace. She exerts total control over Cyberspace from Motherboard Control Central, watching over cybersites and managing diplomatic affairs, and can bridge physically distant locations, in Cyberspace and the real world alike, with portals.
If Motherboard is defeated in a formal election, the position can be seized, which includes the right to amend the Cyber-Constitution. It isn't known how else the new ruler could control Cyberspace without infringing on Motherboard's civil liberties.
Cyberspace is a word referring to the notional world of information and communication provided by the Internet. In science fiction, it can refer to a three-dimensional representation of virtual space in a computer network.
Hacker and Wicked want to rename the universe to Hackerspace and Wickedspace, respectively, upon coming into power. These are portmanteaus of the existing name with each of their own names. The former may also be a pun on makerspaces, which are sometimes referred to as "hackerspaces".
- This article is incomplete. Please add information to help it reach this wiki's standards.
- ↑ Cyberchase: The Quest. "The kind and caring ruler of Cyberspace. [Motherboard] keeps the virtual universe running smoothly and makes sure everyone is taken care of."
- ↑ "How It All Started: Webisode 3"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Lost My Marbles"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "How It All Started: Webisode 1". "Cyberspace . . . a place where time and space are one . . . A place where the lines between reality and imagination no longer exist . . . A place where anyone can go and anything can happen. Throughout Cyberspace there are thousands of places called cybersites, each very different from the other, and all under the watchful eye of their thoughtful and peace-loving leader: Motherboard. The heads of several cybersites gather for an important meeting with Motherboard to discuss the future"
- ↑ "A Perfect Fit"
- ↑ "Space Waste Odyssey"
- ↑ "Codename: Icky"
- ↑ "Mother's Day"
- ↑ "The Fairy Borg Father"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Harriet Hippo and the Mean Green"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 "The Snelfu Snafu: Part 1"
- ↑ "The Cyberchase Movie"
- ↑ "Less Than Zero"
- ↑ "True Colors"
- ↑ Cyberspace | Definition of Cyberspace by Lexico. Oxford.
- ↑ cyberspace - Wiktionary
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 "Unhappily Ever After"
- ↑ "The Cyberchase Movie"
- ↑ Hackerspace - Wikipedia