"The Halloween Howl" is the first episode of the fifth season of Cyberchase. It originally aired on October 31, 2006.
The annual "Halloween Howl" bash in Castleblanca promises to be spooktacular… until Hacker takes over the Mayor's Castle and brings its seven stone gargoyles to life. Obeying Hacker's every command, the gargoyles capture the Mayor and imprison him in the dungeon. To gain control of the creepy creatures, the CyberSquad must figure out how to use division to evenly split up bunches of garlic and rock candy. But can they do it in time to rescue the Mayor and save The Halloween Howl? Meanwhile Inez and Jackie are having a problem with their friendship after a misunderstanding.
- This is the second Halloween episode of Cyberchase.
- The music at the end is from Munsters.
- The episode still mentions Northrop Grumman before the intro.
- It also uses the old EY (Ernst & Young) logo and slogan "Quality in Everything We Do".
- It also uses the old ei (educational/informational or informative) screen bug at the top-right.
- It also plays the 2004 PBS Kids GO! System Cue ending.
- However When The Episode Airs On PBS Kids 24/7 From 2018 Onward, Several Changes Were Made
- The Old EY Logo was replaced with a new one
- The Old ei screen bug, is changed to the new ei screen bug.
- Northrop Grumman Was Dropped
- The PBS Kids GO! System Cue Ending Was Removed
- It is also the first episode to use the 2004 Nelvana logo without the aurora haze of white light.
- This is the first episode to use the Thirteen/WNET "Thirteen in the Sky/CGI Skyscrapers" logo which has been in use from October 31, 2006 to March 27, 2015.
- This is the first episode of the series since Starlight Night to be animated and produced by Nelvana without Flying Minds Entertainment.
- This is the first episode to be directed by Jason Groh.
- Math Topic: "The Halloween Howl"
- For Real Segment: "Bianca Hallo-whines"
- October 31, 2006 - This episode aired on the very same day the 1999 Thirteen/WNET New York "Skyscraper Bubbles" logo aired for the very last time on the station.
- November 1, 2006 - This episode aired with the Thirteen/WNET "Thirteen in the Sky/CGI Skyscrapers" logo a day before it was officially used. Making Cyberchase the first Thirteen/WNET series to air with the 2006 Thirteen/WNET "Thirteen in the Sky/CGI Skyscrapers" logo.
- The animation for this episode and for the rest of the season look more fluid and vibrant.
- This is the first episode to air and be produced in 2006.