"The Halloween Howl" is the first episode of the fifth season of Cyberchase. It originally aired on October 31, 2006.
The annual "Halloween Howl" bash in Castleblanca promises to be spooktacular… until Hacker takes over the Mayor's Castle and brings its seven stone gargoyles to life. Obeying Hacker's every command, the gargoyles capture the Mayor and imprison him in the dungeon. To gain control of the creepy creatures, the CyberSquad must figure out how to use division to evenly split up bunches of garlic and rock candy. But can they do it in time to rescue the Mayor and save The Halloween Howl? Meanwhile Inez and Jackie are having a problem with their friendship after a misunderstanding.
- This is the second Halloween episode of Cyberchase.
- This is the first episode of the series since Starlight Night to be animated and produced by Nelvana without Flying Minds Entertainment.
- This is the first episode to be directed by Jason Groh.
- Buzz’s voice is somewhat rougher than usual in this episode, a possible indication that this was the final episode Len Carlson recorded before his death.
- Math Topic: "The Halloween Howl" focuses on division.
- For Real Segment: "Bianca Hallo-whines"
- October 31, 2006 - This episode aired on the very same day the 1999 Thirteen/WNET New York "Skyscraper Bubbles" logo aired for the very last time on the station.
- November 1, 2006 - This episode aired with the Thirteen/WNET "Thirteen in the Sky/CGI Skyscrapers" logo a day before it was officially used. Making Cyberchase the first Thirteen/WNET series to air with the 2006 Thirteen/WNET "Thirteen in the Sky/CGI Skyscrapers" logo.
- Animation production for the series is taken over by Jade Animation.
- This is the first episode to air and be produced in 2006.