The Snelfu Snafu: Part 1 is the ninth episode of the third season of Cyberchase. It originally aired on October 13, 2004.
The long lost encryptor chip, the only computer component that can restore Motherboard to full power, unexpectedly appears on the popular cyberauction U-WANT, U-BID! To make matters worse, Hacker is the top bidder – and if he gets it, Motherboard is doomed! The CyberSquad and their friend Slider get jobs in Cyberspace, and figure out how much they need to save per day to outbid Hacker. They succeed in winning the auction, but are totally unprepared for what happens when they install the chip in Motherboard…Hacker takes over Cyberspace!!! To be continued...
- Math Topic: "Saving Money"
- For Real Segment: "Harry Saves the Day"
- This is the second episode to focus on Jackie and Inez's relationship with Slider. And the second episode Matt gets jealous because of Slider.
- This episode marks the return of The Encryptor Chip. But, it's in a different color it used to be blue, purple, and mint green. Now it's orange, yellow, and lime green.
- This is the second of three of Dr. Marbles' appearances in season three.
- This is the second and last episode to feature Motherboard's screen, blue and light blue, orange and pink and green and pink.
- This is the first and only time Hacker succeeds in conquering Cyberspace.
- Main article: The Snelfu Snafu: Part 1/transcript
- Main article: The Snelfu Snafu: Part 1/gallery
References to popular culture
Jackie's assembly-line job at a chocolate factory may be a reference to the I Love Lucy episode "Job Switching", in which a conveyor belt similarly speeds up beyond the employees' ability to package the chocolates.
- According to a calendar page Jackie uses, assuming she didn't choose the page purely for demonstration, the beginning of the episode takes place on the 1st of a 30-day month that starts on a Sunday. Assuming the episode is set before its real-world 2004 airdate, this could be such months as April 2001, September 2002, or June 2003.